Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A New Chapter

I have been so excited to move and start my career. Beyond excited. I knew that I would be leaving my loved ones here, but I was thinking about my exciting new adventure.

I just packed up my DVD player, printer and TV and it just hit me. I am leaving home. I will be on my own for the first time in my life with my parents 9 hours away. It didn't fully hit me until I put away my DVD player. I watch movies every night and so I wanted to pack that last. I feel like crying. But I know that's silly. I should still be excited to go. I should be excited that I actually was able to get a job unlike so many people who I graduated with. But all I keep thinking is that this is the last night that I will be sleeping in my room on my bed. I will still be here tomorrow night too, but I will be sleeping on the couch. This might be one of the hardest parts. Leaving home for the first time without the knowledge that you are still dependent on your parents.

Leaving for college was different. I was only an hour away from home. My parents were still supporting me. There was nothing but excitement and the fear of being 30 minutes away from Mike for the first time.

I am so scared.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment