Saturday, August 4, 2012

Welcome to Kansas!

I arrived here in Kansas on Thursday night at about 9:30 Central time. We successfully got the U-Haul and my car unloaded. We had issues with U-Haul before we left. We weren't able to pick up the trailer the night before (even though we had it reserved) and so we had to load the trailer at 7:30 A.M. Mountain time. We didn't leave until about 10 A.M. Mountain time.

Friday we spent bringing up boxes and getting the utilities all set up. We also went and found my new elementary school. It looks like a really nice school. I really want to get my room set up. It is probably a good thing that I can't yet though, I REALLY need to work on my apartment.

I said good-bye to my parents this morning, which was really difficult. On top of that, I got a cold! Boo. But I have been slowly unpacking boxes. I have already used an idea off of Pinterest! I'm really excited at how well it worked. I took a piece of tape (Pinterest says to use painter's tape, but I used masking tape and it worked just as well) and I taped it to the back of a dry erase calendar I wanted to hang. I poked holes with a pen where the nails needed to be. Then I took the tape off the back of the calendar and put it on the wall. I used a level to make sure it was level and then I nailed nails into the wall where my holes were. Here is the picture (and link) from Pinterest:







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment