Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Preparing for Back to School Night!

Tonight I had Back to School night! It went really well! I was totally stressing myself out which was really unnecessary.

I had prepared some thing that I wanted to give to parents earlier this summer based on things that I found online. But I found this week that it was a little bit of a waste of time. My principal gave me a list of things that she wanted us to include in the information that we gave to our parents. Most of the things that I had prepared this summer I didn't use.

I have also been SOOOO stressed out this past week. I think it might be because we have just gone through an information dumping week. Everyone is giving us everything they know about every topic and it is just SO much information. GAH!

Lesson 1: Ask your principal for a list of what she wants to go out for Backpack Night (or Back to School Night) because chances are, she (or he) has one!

Lesson 2: It is A LOT of information at the beginning. Bring a pen, paper to take notes, water, and take LOTS of deep breaths! They know that it is your first year and that you are going to make mistakes. Remember: it is OKAY to say "I don't know." If you try to fake your way through it, they know--trust me!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment